Bottom Plain Solar Farm
The equipment supplied must be of proven, robust and reliable design incorporating protective systems and devices with adequate factors of safety and maintainability built-in.
The specification also serves to define the environmental and regulatory constraints within which the Plant must operate and with which the Works shall comply.
Construction of the park began in July, and is expected to begin exporting electricity into the national grid in Autumn 2014.
Bouygues Energies & Services solution
- Joint venture formed with Abakus Solar A.G. to deliver a full turnkey design, engineer, procure and build contract, plus Operation and Maintenance.
- Bouygues Energies & Services will be responsible for all civil, electrical construction and connection works of the solar park, whilst Abakus lead design and engineering.
Benefits to the client
- Reduced interface risks in the project due to having a single contractor to deliver design, plant construction and grid connection work.
- Design optimised to exceed the customer’s target on size of scheme – which will increase the income generated.
- The joint venture gives the customer the comfort of Abakus’ design expertise and historical strong plant performance with Bouygues’ construction delivery capability.
- This combination has the capability to partner the customer delivery of a significant pipeline of future projects.