New Cross Gate Railway Maintenance Unit: Communication Infrastructure
Bouygues Energies & Services designed and built the lighting in the New Cross Gate Railway Maintenance Building.
This consisted of 200 raise and lower lighting columns, 100 wall-mounted columns and over 350 walkway bollards. Bouygues Energies & Services also provided associated feeder pillars, cabling, terminations complete with testing and commissioning of all lighting units, and cabling/power to various other equipment including CCTV, Rugby clocks and turnstiles.
The works were undertaken in and around dead and live rails, on-time and to budget, and included:
- Flexible design solution enabling different LUX levels to be achieved at various sections in the depot
- Bouygues Energies & Services-specified wall-mounted lanterns where possible to maximise space in confined areas
- Bouygues Energies & Services specified the counter-balanced folding columns for ease of maintenance
- One stop shop design and build solution
- Regular liaison with client and customer enabled changes to be made rapidly to avoid unnecessary delays
- Strategic placement of lighting to prevent light pollution to local residents.
Benefits for Client
- Regular liaison with client and customer enabled changes to be made rapidly to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Fully-trained site team and workforce dedicated to the project.