Redcar & Cleveland PFI Contract
Bouygues Energies & Services, as part of the Redcar & Cleveland Lighting Services Consortium, has entered a street lighting Private Finance Initiative (PFI) project with Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council. Under the PFI, the consortium entered an agreement to upgrade, finance and maintain the lighting stock for 25 years. Bouygues Energies & Services’s scope comprises:
- Design and consultation (both strategic and local)
- Asset management
- Energy management and innovation
During the Core Investment Period (CIP), 18,000 of the existing 22,000 lighting points were replaced with modern, high quality lighting in a phased programme which started on the 1st September 2007.
The contract will now revert to full maintenance and energy management until 2032.
Benefits for Client
- Brighter, safer and more attractive streets.
- Risk transfer on construction, maintenance and energy consumption
- Long term partner for asset management
- The Final Milestone was reached with 434,766 cumulative, accident free, working hours
- The CIP phase was completed almost one year ahead of schedule.